Skunk Worx wrote:

Am new to flightgear. Are there any APIs, demos, documentation related to using flightgear as a Situational Awareness display?

Something like a central server serving real-time object type/position info (F15, F22, MIG29, AIM9), sent out to a cluster of displays, each info packet having the related object info (Roll,Pitch,Yaw,Heading,GPS coordinates, etc)?

Then a person seated at one of the displays (Windows,MAC,Linux,etc) controls the view via commands like (click identifier in menu, goto view as chase, boresight, cockpit, etc.)

I see a number of comments in the archives about networking and XML...does the team already have goals along these lines in process?

It sounds like you may have a specific project in mind. Most likely FG can't directly do exactly everything you want, but we have many of the pieces in place.

We can setup a single copy of FlightGear as a "master" machine and "slave" any number of machines from the master (for multiple out-the-window view channels, or for remotely monitoring a flight, or whatever you want to use it for.)

I think we could still stand a little development in the area of drawing DCS objects from an external information source ... we have some of the pieces in place, but not everything.

In these sorts of situations we hope that we have enough pieces in place to attract your attention and get you to use FlightGear for your project, and then when you add the additional features you need, contribute them back to the project and everyone benefits.

Regards,