Paul Surgeon wrote:
> TeamSpeak doesn't have to be part of the FG package.
> It's a separate program that has an API you can interface to.

Writing code that runs in the fgfs binary to interface to an API
is generally considered to be making a derivative work, for
fairly obvious reasons.

> People run FlightGear on MS operating systems which are not GPL either so I
> don't see what the issue is.

...whereas the simple act of running a program is not the
creation of a derivative work.

I know it's frustrating, but unfortunately the "you can use this
software for free" culture isn't really compatible with the GNU
notion of free software, or with the open source definition.
This is a pretty fundamental thing, and it's not likely to be
fixed any time soon.  Most of us, I suspect, simply aren't
interested in hooking someone else's proprietary stuff into
FlightGear.

Andy