> From: Lee Elliott

<snip>
> What I've been thinking recently about 3d models is that it might
> be best to make the panel and interior first, and then model the
> exterior to fit it.  I say this because after making an external
> model that appears to fit the 3-views, if there's any real
> curvature to the cockpit region, it's very easy to find that you
> haven't enough room.  I figure it should also make the cockpit
> view more accurate.

<snip>

Building the interior walls and ceiling at the same time isn't a bad idea.  Or
at least rough in the interior (especially the panel) before texturing the
exterior.  Most of the descriptions of how to do this (from the early days of
3D cockpits) talked about doing the interior second,  but that was probably
because a lot of the models were started without thought of 3D cockpits.

Best,

Jim