Gerard Robin wrote:

We could wonder about the License compatibility with GNU.

FlighGear Team should probably discuss that with HCI Lab of the
University of Udine, before official FG distribution.
That licence goes against our "up to now policy".
The HCI Lab licence look like many External developers MSFS Aircraft.

As long as they haven't used *any* FlightGear supplied code, sound files, textures, configuration files or anything else included in the base package, they can do whatever they want.

If, however, they have used one or more parts included in the base package, then their work could be considered derived work and should be put under the GPL also.

Erik