> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I'm glad that you appreciate our work.
>
> Don't miss the video about the making of the MB-339 PAN.
> We have slightly modified FlightGear source code to enable
> an head tracking sensor for controlling the cockpit view.
> The video shows the Capt. Tammaro during the beta-testing of
> our "Low-Cost Immersive Flight Simulation" with an Head Mounted Display,
>
> If you like Frecce Tricolori we have also realeased a 3DWeb based project:
> http://frecce3d.uniud.it/
>
> Since the MB-339 PAN is an on-going project, we plan to release
> an improved version of the aircraft (with smokes?). If anyone
> at flightgear.org would like to link our MB-339 PAN project in the "Related
> Projects"
> section, we would be very happy.
>
> Bye, Augusto.

Hi Augusto,

This is wonderful work.  Of course I'm quite pleased with the quality of the 3D
cockpit work. :-)

>From a perhaps selfish perspective, I think that the FlightGear developers are
>feeling great pride that their work attracts such talent as displayed by the
>MB-339 PAN project.

There is one minor issue that should be brought up.  I might suggest taking a
quick look at the GPL version 2 as distributed in the COPYING file with
FlightGear:
http://cvs.flightgear.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/data/COPYING?rev=1.3&cvsroot=FlightGear-0.9&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The pertinent part to note is:

*** begin quote  ***

   2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion
    of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and
    distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1
    above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

      a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
      stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

      b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
      whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any
      part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third
      parties under the terms of this License.

*** end quote ***

As far as I can tell, the only place where a license change to GPL is needed is
in the saitek.zip file,  but I haven't really looked that hard at all the items
in the aircraft distribution file.  Those of you directly involved with the
project would be better able to evaluate these requirements.

Of course we respect any way in which the university and Frecce wish to protect
their rights.

My congratulations to all involved.  Great job!

Best,

Jim Wilson