A J MacLeod wrote:
> I should perhaps mention here for those not keen on updating to the
> newer nvidia drivers yet that SimGear CVS (on 1st August 2005)
> _does_ compile here on nVidia 6629 and runs fine, so it's worth
> trying...

You might not have the NVIDIA headers installed.  Check
/usr/include/GL/gl.h to see if it has an NVIDIA copyright at the top
or an x.org one.  I think some of the non-NVIDIA binary distributions
of the driver include only the libraries and X server extension, and
not the development stuff.

For their own reasons, NVIDIA's drivers want to install "special"
versions of the OpenGL headers that contain constants for NV_*
extensions which aren't defined in headers from other vendors
(Mesa/x.org, ATI, etc...).  This would be fine, but sometimes the
NVIDIA headers end up being a little behind on *standard* extensions
that are required for some software to compile.

FWIW, I think this is silly.  The driver release is for users, who
don't care about header versions.  People who do care about header
declarations and funny extensions are called "developers", and are
more than capable of going to nvidia.com and downloading headers
themselves.

Andy