Oliver Schroeder wrote:

Am Tuesday 04 October 2005 09:26 schrieb George Patterson:
I was not aware that it is possible to switch to another clients cockpit. However, if this really depends on properties which get not transmitted over the network yet, we should disable this in the upcoming release. Sending properties over the net is more complicated than sending some values. I will address this in a seperate thread in the next days.

Some 3d models have conditional displays based on the view number. In internal view their often don't draw most of the external model to be fps friendly. A simple solution for that problem is to set the view number to 'external' when drawing MP planes. But this is not enought, 3d models should have LOD and handle correctly the fact that they can be used as MP/AI aircraft (some animation rules could be different then
for the user aircraft).

I'm not sure what we gain if you (fgfs respectively) can ping the server. If you only want to debug the transmitted data you can simply connect 2 clients directly, without a server in the middle. Note that you can only connect 2 clients directly, not more. If you only want to know if the server recognises your (or any other) connection, you can simply telnet to the server and see the list of it's clients. The telnet port is commonly CONNECT-PORT +1.

You will spend a lot of your time replying to question on irc or lists when suddenly more and more people start to use the mp feature. Or you could give the user some feedback on what's happening. Is the host reachable, is the server launched, how many users are connected ? What the hell do you want me to do in a console ? Give the user the tool he needs or you'll spend you time doing the hot line.

Harald.