Hi all,

I'm getting weird SIGSEGV crashes in sgMakeLeaf, specifically in line 238 of simgear/scene/tgdb/leaf.cxx. I'm still in the progress of finding a way to reproduce this as the crash tends not to occurr sometimes, under conditions which I haven't found out yet.

I suspect that it has something to do with our custom scenery, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm just writing to find out whether others on this list had a similar problem. I have attached the printout of gdb so that maybe somebody can say if (s)he had a similar incident. Of course the addresses will not help, but maybe the structure of the messages.

I'll come back to you if I have further information.

Regards,
Ralf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/misc/aviation$ gdb fgfs
GNU gdb 6.3-debian
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/ralfg/misc/aviation/install/bin/fgfs
[New Thread 1082866720 (LWP 10491)]
opening file: /home/ralfg/misc/aviation/src/FlightGear-base/Navaids/carrier_nav.dat
/home/ralfg/misc/aviation/src/FlightGear-base/Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
[New Thread 1309903792 (LWP 10494)]
[New Thread 1384573872 (LWP 10495)]
instrument name: adf
instrument name: adf
instrument name: airspeed-indicator
instrument name: altimeter
instrument name: attitude-indicator
instrument name: clock
instrument name: dme
instrument name: encoder
instrument name: marker-beacon
instrument name: heading-indicator
instrument name: KT-70
instrument name: magnetic-compass
instrument name: nav-radio
instrument name: nav-radio
instrument name: slip-skid-ball
instrument name: transponder
instrument name: turn-indicator
instrument name: vertical-speed-indicator
instrument name: gps
instrument name: wxradar
instrument name: tacan
Initializing Nasal Electrical System

[Switching to Thread 1082866720 (LWP 10491)]
0x404d0544 in ioctl () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) run
The program being debugged has been started already.
Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
Starting program: /home/ralfg/misc/aviation/install/bin/fgfs
[New Thread 1082866720 (LWP 10496)]
opening file: /home/ralfg/misc/aviation/src/FlightGear-base/Navaids/carrier_nav.dat
/home/ralfg/misc/aviation/src/FlightGear-base/Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
[New Thread 1309903792 (LWP 10497)]
[New Thread 1384573872 (LWP 10498)]
instrument name: adf
instrument name: adf
instrument name: airspeed-indicator
instrument name: altimeter
instrument name: attitude-indicator
instrument name: clock
instrument name: dme
instrument name: encoder
instrument name: marker-beacon
instrument name: heading-indicator
instrument name: KT-70
instrument name: magnetic-compass
instrument name: nav-radio
instrument name: nav-radio
instrument name: slip-skid-ball
instrument name: transponder
instrument name: turn-indicator
instrument name: vertical-speed-indicator
instrument name: gps
instrument name: wxradar
instrument name: tacan

[Switching to Thread 1309903792 (LWP 10497)]
sgMakeLeaf ([EMAIL PROTECTED], ty=6, matlib=0x55002790, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], calc_lights=true, lights=0x53d3fbf8) at point3d.hxx:209
209     point3d.hxx: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.
        in point3d.hxx
(gdb)