Georg Vollnhals wrote

> when I tried to build a CVS version of FlightGear I had a *lot* of
> trouble and errors. Many developers of this list tried to help me but
> the break-through was an advice of *KEVIN JONES* not to use gcc 3.4.4
> (what I had done until then).
> I followed his detailled instructions as he was just writing a
> tutorial/manual about building FlightGear 0.9.8/FlightGear CVS under
> Cygwin and all went fine. Absolute not problems with the build when
> using gcc 3.3.3 !!! Try it!
> Kevin will publish his tutorial/manual soon and I hope he is not angry
> about my answer.
> But he helped me so much with his advice at a time where I already had
> given up my trials because I would not show up here with another ask for
> help and all further hints did not work.
> So to repeat it, the key-advice for me was to go back to gcc 3.3.3!
> Thank you once again, Kevin Jones :-)
> And I hope it will help you too, Ima.
> Regards
> Georg
>

> Ima Sudonim schrieb:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having a problem building flightgear on cygwin (cygwin updated
> > last friday).
> >
> > I am using cvs from this morning. The GCC is cygming 3.4.4
> >
> > Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it?

I was about to say that gcc 3.4.4 works here - then I remembered that it
doesn't - MIDG-II.cxx continues no fail with:

MIDG-II.o:MIDG-II.cxx:(.text+0x1067): undefined reference to
`SGFile::SGFile(std
::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'

followed by a series of similar errors.

It has been suggested here that it is a SimGear problem, but I have updated
and recompliled SimGear several times since I first reported this error.

I have "fixed" the error by removing the offending file from the makefile.
FG then compiles perfectly.

FlighGear-cvs has failed to compile here under Cygwin/gcc 3.4.4 with a
series of different errors almost continuously since 10 Aug.