Dave Martin wrote:

Unfortunately my total lack of software development skills and apparent numerical dyslexia would preclude this. That is, unless now or in the future enough people might become interested in doing this (I may not code but I'm quite the engineer when it comes to physical stuff ;) )

I think I could drive an ASI, AI, TC, VSI and engine guages using Phidgets just by writing FG values to a phidgets device in the correct sense but anything more is rocket-science to me due to the code involved.

http://www.f15sim.com/index.html is a website you might try. He is using Phidgets
to drive some of his gauges.  Don't have the details.

I think most of the Phidget software is MS Windows based although some of it is being ported to
Linux ( how much and when I don't know )

I might be wrong and have not examined any of the software or interfaces closely but I think you'll need to do more a bit more than just write FG values to a device. If Phidgets aren't the answer, might consider breadboarding up a circuit via a USB I/O port along with the software. I've been working on some electronics for a slightly different application, but this might be an interesting derivative. If you want to handle the physical stuff, I could find some time to help with the electronics and software. You can
contact me off-list at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards
John W.