Oliver Schroeder wrote:

Hi list.

I just stumbled over the jpeg-factory again. Simgear defaults to build with jpeg factory enabled, while flightgear defaults to build without it. So one either has to supply "--without-jpeg-factory" to simgears configure or "--with-jpeg-factory" to flightgears. This should be harmonised. I experienced it under Linux and didn't look into it. Maybe the defaults are correctly set under other environments.

I believe the defaults are correctly set to both build without, but once you build and install simgear with it, the header file is installed so flightgear autodetects it. If you later build simgear without, that header file will still be installed and flightgear gets confused. You just need to remove the installed simgear header file for jpeg factory and you should be good from that point on.