Hi All,

You may remember I wrote a cross-country flight
tutorial a couple of weeks back.  Many thanks for all
the corrections - they made a huge difference.

I have now integrated this into a patch for the
Getting Started Guide. The changes are as follows.

- Create a section III - Tutorials
- Split the existing tutorial information into
FlightGear and non-FlightGear.
- Add a link to Eric's tutorial
- Add the cross-country tutorial as a new chapter
- Update the title page with datestamp code, reference
to updates for 0.9.8 (should this be 0.9.9?), and my
name as a contributor (OK, this is a bit forthright,
but I have added a new chapter :) )

A PDF version is available here:

http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/getstart/getstart.pdf

A tarball of the changed files (for
docs/getstart/source) is available here:

http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/getstart/getstart.tar.gz

There was an issue about sectional figures. The
sectionals included in the tarball were taken from
aviationtoolbox.org. I've had a look on the NACO
website, and sectionals are not copyrighted, so I
think it is OK to include them. However, if someone
with more GNUowledge than me thinks this is too risky,
let me know and I'll remove them completely (it'll
also save including the 15MB .EPS file!)

On a more general note, I'd like to help out more with
documentation but don't want to duplicate any work
other people are doing, or step on other peoples toes.

George - you mentioned you're working on some updates
to this guide - we should touch base to see if I can
help out.

Comments and suggestions are of course welcome.

Regards,

Stuart Buchanan