I was scanning through the cvs logs trying to refresh my memory on what has been changed, added, and fixed since the release of v0.9.8 (last January). Here's what I came up with, although after staring at cvs logs for 2 hours I started having minor hallucinations. So I'm posting this here in hopes that people can add to it, or correct my mistakes. If you contributed something that is missing, or poorly described here, please send me something better.

Thanks!

Curt.

For upcoming v0.9.9 ...

* New well integrated volumetric clouds by Harald Johnsen
* Removed 'old' 3D clouds code.
* Fixed the jitter problem with 3d cockpits.
* Volumetric shadows are now supported so that aircraft can cast
 shadows upon themselves as well as the ground.
* Better support for redoing livery textures on an individual aircraft.
* Support for seasonal terrain textures.  (Updates to summer textures
 plus new winter textures added.)
* Add status updates to the initial splash/startup screen.
* Allow switching the tower view location at any time.
* Add support for configuring views with asymmetric view frustums.
* Many updates to gui/dialog box infrastructure.  Ability to alter
 border thickness, change fonts, dialog boxes are draggable across
 the screen, you can enable automatic line wrapping, select
 colors, allow key presses to be bound to widgets, .
* Updates and enhancements to many of the dialog boxes to fix problems,
 expose new features, enhance usability, etc.

* Updated JSBSim version since the last release.  (More updates
 pending after this release.)
* YASim: expose "spool-time" of a jet engine as a config parameter,
 add an oil temp model, support gear compression along any arbitrary axis,
 reworked MP calculations for super/turbochargers.
* Allow setting individual sample/update rates for any of the PID
 autopilot stages.

* Support TACAN instruments.  And an IVSI instrument.
* Depricated old (somewhat less the spectacularly conceived)
 electrical system model in favor of a much more flexible script based
 system that can be tailored to any individual aircraft.
* Include an external utility that can feed saved nmea tracks back
 into FlightGear.  If you take a gps on a real flight with you and
 capture the output, you can replay your flight in FlightGear.

* Many updates and fixes to the joystick configuration files, many new
 joysticks directly supported.

* Removed all lingering dependencies on plib's SL sound library.
* Add support for OpenAL 1.1 and alut.
* Better cross platform compatibility with our standard network structures.
* More cpu friendly frame rate throttling code that can leave more cpu
 available for other apps.
* Various Nasal (scripting) bug fixes and language improvements.
* Various bug fixes, various platform/compiler compatibility fixes,
 several memory leaks fixed.

* New aircraft available (in various stages of developement): A380,
 Boeing 314 (seaplane), Citation Bravo (glass cockpit), F-8E
 Crusader, Hurricane IIb, MiG-15bis, TU-114, B29, C150, and SR20.

* Aircraft that have had updates since the last release: 737, A-10,
 AN-225, B-52F, BAC-TSR2, Citation-II (550), Comper Swift, Concorde,
 Hunter, OV10, Spitfire, T37, B1900d, bo105, C172 et. al., DHC2F
 (Beaver), F16, Fokker DR1 Triplane, Fokker 50 (turboprop), Fokker
 100 (jet), J3 Cub, P51, Santa, Seahawk, and 1903 Wright Flyer.