Erik Hofman wrote:
> So far I've tracked down the problem to the getMember() function
> simgear/nasal/code.c. The problem starts to appear when ctx->opTop
> increments from 2 to 3 in which case obj.ref.reftag isn't valid
> anymore.

If it's not happening across a garbage collection, then I strongly
suspect a compiler bug.  Note that opTop is only modified when a new
reference (with valid reftag) has been pushed on the stack.

Have you tried turning off optimization in the Nasal code?  No need to
do it for the whole project; just hand-modifying the
simgear/nasal/Makefile should be sufficient.

Again: I've run fairly rigorous tests on both Sparc and PPC at this
point with no failures, so I think we've pretty much ruled out
endianness.

Andy