Lee Elliott wrote:
> On Friday 11 Nov 2005 02:47, Josh Babcock wrote:

>>>I'll try to check the ones I've done over the weekend.  The
>>>one that concerns me most is the B-52F.  The wing incidence
>>>is set to 6 and the twist to -4 and I'm starting to wonder
>>>how it manages to fly at all.
>>
>>Nose down. The fuselage is about 5 deg down when in level
>>flight.
>>

>>>I got some good info on the B-52F from someone who flew
>>>around 3000 hrs in that model and around 6000 hrs total in
>>>all models, apart from the A/B, and it was flying to within
>>>around 10 kts or so of what it should have been doing and
>>>was climbing at about the right rate.
>>>
>>>LeeE
>

> Depending on weight, alt and speed, 5 deg nose-down could be
> correct.  The incidence of +6 degrees is correct but I had to
> estimate the twist.
>
> I should be able to have a look at it sometime this weekend.
>
> Ta for having a look.
>
> LeeE

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

Yeah, look at a picture of one in flight. The wings are mounted at a
high AOA so it can make four point landings at low airspeeds and low
descent rates. The b47 had a similar setup, but only the gear was level,
the entire fuselage pointed up in the air on that one. Several soviet
bombers with bicycle gear also had that look.

Josh