Alex Perry wrote:

I haven't tried to debug this yet, but thought I'd report it.

$ fgfs
opening file: /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Navaids/carrier_nav.dat
/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
RenderTexture Error: glXCreateGLXPbufferPtr() failed.
Initialising callsign using 'Aircraft/c172p/Models/c172p.xml'
freeglut (fgfs): Failed to create cursor
freeglut  ERROR:  Function <glutSetCursor> called \
        without first calling 'glutInit'.

Hey Alex, this has been a 'common' issue that has bit a lot of people. There appears to be a problem with freeglut 2.4. The solution has been to downgrade to freeglut 2.2 or run freeglut-cvs. You could also build with sdl (configure --enable-sdl) and that might side step the issue altogether.

Regards,