> From: Joacim Persson
>
> The inner gear (right and left) were hanging down and the main gear well was
> sticking out from the fuselage with gear up. (I decided to hide the well
> when the gear is up, rather than messing with the .ac-file.) I also
> somewhat sorted out the numbering of the gears, in case someone in the
> future wants to simulate the horror of a malfunctioning undercarriage on a
> 747. The attached patch is for data/Aircraft/747/Model/boeing747-400-jw.xml

Looks good.  I've commited this to cvs.  Thanks!

> All the rear wheels looks kind of flat (they stick down through the runway
> surface). But I don't know if this should be adjusted in the 3D model or in
> the fdm model. The plane lifts the nose gear early on take-off with zero
> elevation trim, perhaps indicating the latter. (Or is that normal for a 747
> take-off?)

The animation should probably be checked on those.   In the past things have
moved up and down due to various tweaks in the fdm code, etc.  But I think you
could probably adjust the animation to match the compression fairly closely now.

As far as the plane actually taking off with no elevator or flaps, that is
certainly not normal for something as heavy as a 747.  Maybe with light fuel,
but still doubtful.  Maybe Andy has an idea on this.

It is unlikely that the two things you observed are related unless there is a
large error weight distribution.  Other times I've seen weight location
problems in
YASim configurations it seemed as though the aircraft would move around and
even
pop the nose way up (or down), which is not occuring here.

Best,

Jim