On Wednesday 23 November 2005 05:16, Szabolcs Berecz wrote:
> Sounds more interesting :)
> I suppose ATC is functional in FlighGear.

The ATC in FlightGear is an area that is currently still under active
development. Feel free to browse through the source code subdirectories that
make up the most significant bits and pieces (src/ATC src/AIModel
src/Traffic, and to some degree src/Airports (look for the files simple.cxx
and simple.hxx).

If you feel like working in this area, you're more than welcome, but please
send us a brief outline of your ideas so we can check how well it fits with
our ongoing plans.

One potential code improvement that might really come in handy in future AI
traffic is is a set of algorithms that run across multiple frames. Right now,
there is still a limited set of potentially CPU/IO intensive more or less AI
related functions that run within one frame, and might disrupt the flow of
the simulator. Two examples that come to mind are:

1) The FGGroundNetwork::trace() algorithm (see Airports/simple.cxx)
2) The  SimGear model loaders.

Having versions of these functions that distribute the calculations across
multiple frames might be very handy in the long run.

Cheers,
Durk