On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:27:15 -0600, you wrote:

>> aircraft (like GPS in MSFS). Given that the wiring can be potentially
>> different with each aircraft, the autopilot code may need customizing
>> each time it is placed on a panel.
>>

>Ideally the instruments will be as multi-usable as possible, and nasal is
>probably ideal to do the plumbing.  But the more complex the systems we are
>modelling, inevitably the more complex the sim integration will become.  Let
>me know what you need exported from the GPS and I'll try to oblige (but bear
>in mind I sometimes can't get online for a few days at a time).
>
>BTW, can you remind me again where I can download your autopilot from.

http://www.city-gallery.com/vpilot/flightgear/

I've stopped work on it until I learn the new electrical system.

I do not need any code from the GPS. I need to know the properties it
uses. The digitrak can accept a GPS data signal. It can even work off
a Garmin 35, which is a GPS built in to an antenna that just provides
ground track and speed. I do not pretend to know how they communicate,
but there is no equivalent to a data connection in FlightGear GPS, I
have to watch properties in the GPS. If you look at digitrak.nas, it
uses properties from

/instrumentation/gps/

to maintain GPS track.