On Thursday 05 January 2006 13:33,  Erik Hofman wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:
> > I'd like to underline these two points:
> > 1.) There won't be any volunteer who is serious about doing ATC
> >     service as long as FlightGear does not have _appropriate_
> >     capabilities. Appropriate capabilities in my eyes includes
> >     something that resembles the functions of a radar screen plus ...
>
> Once the multiplayer code uses the AIModel code this would be easy.

There is currently development ongoing to implement multiplayer using
AIModels. However, a RADAR system doesn't need this. A RADAR station just
needs position information of nearby aircrafts. Additional info might be the
channels a pilot listens to with his voice com equipment. Our efforts to use
AIModels include sending properties over the wire, so it would be easy to
include any frequencies if needed.
 A RADAR station can be implemented as a listener to the server, so the server
sends information of aircrafts to the radar just as to any other client.
Maybe I have to add some minor changes to the server code, but all in all it
should be pretty simple to create a listener.
 Any volunteers to implement a RADAR, step forward! :)

regards,
Oliver