> be a useless feature (for quite a long time) -- who is going to be the ATC?
> And let's not forget that a voice-based ATC would be incompatible with the AI
> system that we have now, or would have in the future.

I think it won't be useless. And it's fine to have one of the two enabled
at the same time. Actually, right now when I am playing in a multiplayer
setup I have the AI turned off, and when I am playing standalone, I turn
them back on.

I am sure that if we provide a usable interface w/voice we could invite
more non-developers via the forums/r.a.simulators/r.a.piloting to work as
ATC. I'd be happy to do it occasionally myself during free time.

V.