dene maxwell schrieb:

I've been searching all weekend for a simple site I can upload; 1x ZIP or EXE+LST+CAB files to for distribution.

Not a chance...they either want money, limit the file types or want them in CVS format.... Why is it so hard to share anything with anyone else for free?

It looks as though my version of a flight planner is destined to stay on my local HDD.

If anyone knows of such a site (that will accept exe, zip, cab or what ever file types) for upload and make them available for the general public (via a FTP link) for download, please let me know.

I have tried domaindlz.com, sourceforge.net and visited countless other sites before posting for help.

Dene

Hi Dene,
mmh, I really don't understand why you won't put it on AVSIM *until* we have a better solution for such files. May be you have not read my answer on Dec. 24 which I copy for you at the end of this mail. And I would like to know if there are arguments against AVSIM? Ok, it is commercial and you have to register but unlike other sites it is fully free for all users and I never had any problems with them, really nice guys there (experiences from my FLY! II work). I put the very first version of FGTools there and despite the most people downloaded from my homepage (because I can change versions very easy there) there were 211 downloads from AVSIM until now.
Just to help you ...

COPY OF MY OLD MAIL FROM DEC. 24, 2005:
Hi all,
why don't we use the AVSIM file library (repository) until we have got a better solution?
1. FlightGear is already present with 4 categories
 - FlightGear - base distribution
 - FlightGear - scenery and terrain
 - FlightGear - source code
 - FlightGear - miscelleneous files
There are two files int the library for FG until now, one aircraft livery and and old version of my FGTools prg.
 We could use the FlightGear - scenery and terrain category
2. AVSIM is free of charge, only registration is requiered
3. AVSIM is very popular within the flightsimmer community
4. It is an "unofficial" support of FlightGear, so anybody can share what he wants to, all licence problems are related to the uploading user

Just zip the "5803051.btg.gz" located in "\e170s50\e174s42" files with their folder structure and upload the file with a selfdeclaring name (ie nowhere-terrain.zip) to AVSIM FlightGear - scnery and terrain and give a note to the AVSIM FG forum and the user mailing list.

I personally would be very interested in installing some terrains other user/developer already have changed and I also would upload some local scenery (but only equipped with objects, no terrain corrections until now).

If we get something better in the future, ok. Until then it would be a good interims solution.
Regards
Georg EDDW