Hi,

Paul Surgeon schrieb:
Sounds great!

Obviously a FlightGear oriented app for editing the geospatial data would be ideal but how about writing a QGIS plugin to work with QGIS and GRASS?

I had that idea, too, as we're having more and more problems with the v.digit module of GRASS - it's just a bit hard to find out where you already digitised and where you still need to.

I'm currently restarting my efforts for a GRASS-PostGIS-TerraGear-tutorial, now trying to stand on the shoulders of giants instead of their feet (i.e., linking to other, better tutorials for some basic parts instead of writing it all myself).

We don't have practical QGIS-GRASS-experience except for some preliminary experiments, however, but I think that the combination is definitely more powerful than QGIS or GRASS alone and the additional power is actually usable for scenery customisation.

However, neither of QGIS or GRASS allows you to see which object type was assigned to which shape or line while digitising, so that sometimes railroads become highways or forests become lakes. I happened to spot some of these things on my flights through our scenery and we're trying to correct it where we see it, but this is definitely a general problem.

Best regards,
Ralf