On Friday 13 January 2006 20:25, Steve Knoblock wrote:
> I would be happy to have accurate sized and located buildings, even if
> they are unattractive in appearance without their textures. The visual
> improvement we could see is a very exciting prospect.

I really don't see why the buildings can't be textured automatically - it's
really not that hard to UV map perfectly rectangular surfaces with generic
textures.
All you need to do is measure the distances between vertices and then
calculate the UV co-ordinates based on the distance and the texture scale
(target pixel size).
It's when you have non-rectangular surfaces that it becomes tricky.

Paul