Erik Hofman wrote:
Alex Romosan wrote:
or you can add a call to glEnable(GL_POINT_SPRITE):

+    glEnable(GL_POINT_SPRITE);

this allowed me to use GL_POINT_SMOOTH on my nvidia card (enhanced
lighting works fine now).

i think this would be a better solution (tested only on my nvidia card
though).

Ok, I've added support for point sprites. I does indeed increase the framerate in my PC.

I tested the above line on my ATI card. Makes absolutely no difference, neither visually, nor performance wise. But GL_POINT_SPRITE is only defined in glATI.h on my system, so I had to add it to SimGear/simgear/screen/extensions.hxx
In glext.h I find only GL_POINT_SPRITE_ARB which has the same value.

Nine