Hello

I wanted to ask you some informations about the flightgear flight
simulator and maybe any advises if anyone wants to help me :-)
I say you,first of all,it's first time I enter on the flight world so
maybe my question could be even out of sense...I ask you to forgive me
if it will be so.
I'm a undergraduated student of electronic engeenering at the Padua's
university,in Italy,and I'm working at a sperimental project based on
autonomous flight of an aeromodel as degree thesis.
To develop my work I need to test my flight software.For this reason I
need a realistic flight simulator which give me the possibility to
interact with my own software.I've thought to flightgear but,as it's
first time I work on such field,I wanted to ask some advises.
In practice I would like to be able to perform the following
operations :
- to take out from a flightgear airplane model the main flight
parameters,as GPS coordinates,height,speed and iclination
- to give as input to the flightgear airplane model the commands to
control the flight manouvres (the same I can give by keyboard or by
joystic to understand) directly from my flight software.
What I wanted to ask you is if in your opinion is it a possible thing
and,in such a case,if anyone know where I can find any good information
about.
I thank you all for your availability!

         Emanuele