--- Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Buchanan, Stuart -- Thursday 02 March 2006 20:11:
> > I have a patch to Nasal/controls.nas. The patch changes the
> > adjEngControl() function to apply the adjustment to the currently
> selected
> > engine, rather than all of them. This directly affects adjThrottle(),
> > adjMixture(), adjCondition() and adjPropeller().
>
> Makes sense to me. (The implementation less so. :-)

Well, to be consistent I was copying code from elsewhere in the Nasal
file. I assume you have some way of doing this in half the number of lines
:)

> > I also have a patch to the C310 so that the propeller control repeats,
> > available from http://www.nanjika.co.uk/flightgear/c310-set.diff
>
> Makes sense, too, but I wonder if we shouldn't assign that globally
> in keyboard.xml. Looking into map.pdf I see that n/N has no meaning
> per default, but several aircraft defining it to mean the same:
>
> N (78)

c182|c182-2dpanel|c310|c310dpm-3d|hurricaneIIb|seafireIIIc|spitfireIIa:
>         Propeller Coarse
>
> n (110)

c182|c182-2dpanel|c310|c310dpm-3d|hurricaneIIb|seafireIIIc|spitfireIIa:
>         Propeller Fine
>
> m/M is mixture already, and right beside n/N.

Well, at least we are being consistent...

There were two reasons I didn't immediately put these into keyboard.xml

a) Obviously this function only applies to some aircraft. I haven't
checked the effect of adjusting the prop on, say the c172 or j3cub.

b) Some people are a bit concerned about using up all the keyboard
assignments (though presumably they can be over-written in an aircraft
.xml file?)

-Stuart