Curtis L. Olson a écrit :
> Frederic Bouvier wrote:
>
>> I am trying to integrate this contribution in the code base but after
>> too much hours spent on this, I finally won't. Three reasons :
>>
>> - it doesn't compiles under MSVC, for obscure reason I don't understand.
>> - there are a lot of files for the base package that are not strictly
>> needed at run times : lots of .xcf files ( gimp source ), xml files that
>> are not property files, xsl files.
>> - it doesn't use the present convention of being included in a single
>> directory : separated extern texture directory, Assembly (?) directory.
>>
>> So I left to others the choice of including it or not. This patch is not
>> straightforward ( lots of template, imbrication level and inlines of all
>> sort, including the use of function pointers to inline code ) and
>> requires a lot of time to sort things out.
>>

> Hi Fred,
>
> Thanks for taking such a detailed look at the source.  As a general
> rule, we do our best to include contributions, but there are times
> where patches simply can't be applied in their current form.  We feel
> bad about it, we hate to see wasted work, but it occasionally happens
> and can happen for a variety of reasons.
>
> I've seen everything from "I didn't know what that section of code did
> so I deleted it", to "this patch is mostly broke, but I expect you'll
> seek out, debug, and fix all the problems", all the way up to huge
> massive patches that touch darn near every file in the project in a
> variety of scary and hard to decipher ways.
>
> Gimp source isn't necessarily bad because it allows others to more
> easily edit the graphics, but they can burn a lot of space.
>
> Perhaps this developer would be willing to work with the core
> developers to make what ever changes are needed so the patch is
> acceptable (such as more closely following existing conventions and
> making code changes so we don't break any cross platform portability.)

Hello Jean-Yves,

Night bringing advice, I fixed the MSVC issues and also fixed other bugs
reported by the compilers, or by segfaults
I also moved the assembly directory inside the mk-viii directory to keep
things encapsulated.

My changes are in this file :
http://frbouvi.free.fr/flightsim/mk-viii-fb.tar.gz

If you agree with them, just tell me and I will commit them.

Regards,
-Fred