Martin Spott wrote:

> While the machine performs quite well as WWW-, FTP- and database server
> (as well as our local fileserver !), is was not sized to to the job of
> an online web mapping server. The server is running only with 256 MByte
> of RAM at a 400 MHz clock cycle, [...]

Sorry: 440 MHz  :-)

> Please have a look and try to determine which one matches best. The map
> starts at Lake Constance with VMAP0 lakes only. The pan-buttons in the
> corners currently don't work (I'll have to look after this) but you can
> click into the map to re-center it. You also can enter the respective
> coordinates in the 'imgext' part of the URL.

The format is lon/lat of the lower left corner and for the upper right
corner. In order to save the server from being overloaded not any
arbitrary map size is allowed. It is a good choice to stay in the
+/- 0,5 degree size, for example to visit the Quebec area this would be a
good choice:

  [...]&imgext=-070.893+46.291+-071.893+47.291&[...]

Martin.