Vivian Meazza schrieb:
Mathias Fröhlich

For the solidness we will need IMO a hierarchical bounding box collider
which
is updated instead of rebuilt at each update(). The presence of movable
objects like the carrier and the need to keep aircraft on the deck even if
the carrier turns, this must be done with special care for these
movements.
Any yes I know that this does not yet work right, but this is not due to
the
way the FDM 'see' the carrier surface move rather than a usual problem of
viscosous friction models in all our FDM's.

For this current short term problem.
I believe that it would be possible to make ship's surfaces solid and make
ships but not carriers follow flightplans.
An other alternative would be to move that <solid> tag into AIBase ...
Let's see ...

**************Hi Mathias,*****************************
thank you for your explanation!
now I understand why it works with a fixed course (no turnings) but not with a flightplan - yet!
Let's see is always promising for the future :-)
Regards
Georg

Just to add a little to that - stay-in-a-box mode is selectable on/off from
the nimitz-demo file, and the limits of the box are selectable.

If you want a ship which has solid decks, add it to the nimitz-demo file as
another carrier, and make the path to the 3d model whatever you want it to
be. You might be able to constrain the operations box enough for your needs,
otherwise it's only a straight course and fixed speed atm, I'm afraid.

HTH

Vivian

***************Hi Vivian,******************************
I'll have a look into that this evening and try to change the "operations box limits". If it works with flightplans I'll give feedback.
Thank you for the answer anyway, it is a chance!

As for a fixed course the solution is quite easier as I found out by experiments. I used a modified version of Eric's freighter and gave it the type "carrier" and some "solid" parameter like the carrier has.
This works (for a fixed course).

Regards
Georg

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PropertyList>
 <scenario>
  <entry>
   <type>carrier</type>
   <model>Models/Work/gen-freighter01.ac</model>
   <solid>cabin</solid>
   <solid>chull</solid>
   <solid>wavefront</solid>
   <latitude>53.12707079</latitude>