* Georg Vollnhals -- Saturday 11 March 2006 18:00:
> I suppose there were some reasons not to use the simple solution [...]

That's easy:

Your problem was that the hard-coded value didn't suit you for all
purposes. Throwing in yet another hard-coded value to solve this
is a bad idea. Next time someone comes along and says that both are
still too fast, or not fast enough, or he needs something in-between.
The question should rather be: Is there a good reason *not* to make
it configurable via property system? [Answer: no]

Taking into account that some people don't calibrate their joysticks
is yet another bad idea. What's wrong with just calibrating? Or at
least adapting your personal js driver for this broken stick?

Had I known that this is supposed to be a line count contest,
then I would have squeezed it all into just two lines!   :-}

m.