> Hi,
>
> inspired by the XML Schema delivered with JSBSim, I started to
> write on for YASim (and I have in mind to create one for the
> other config files, too).

Bravo! I think this is a great idea.

> First, for those who do not know what the hack is a XML schema
> and what do I need it for?

FYI, the most recent issue of the JSBSim newsletter has some more
information on schemas and transformations. For those interested, I'd also
suggest the O'Reilly books, "XML Schema" and "XSLT Cookbook".

The first JSBSim XML specification played a part in inspiring the emerging
AIAA standard, development of which is being lead by Bruce Hildreth and
Bruce Jackson (LaRCSim author). It is currently called DAVE-ML and there is
a web site at daveml.nasa.gov. Given that emerging standard, the newest
version of JSBSim features a revamped XML specification, and that format is
being called JSBSim-ML v2.0 (JSBSim Markup Language).

XML technologies provide a lot of useful capabilities across the board for
flight simulation (as with other areas) from error checking to documentation
and more.

A YASim-ML would be another good addition to flightgear.

Jon