Ron Jensen

> http://www.jentronics.com/fgfs/
>
> Here is another update to the F4E, same place as it always is
> http://www.jentronics.com/fgfs/F4E.tgz
>
> Today's update has some cosmetic fixes to the 3D model, it now rotates
> around its axises correctly.  (Thanks Dave)  It also has afterburner
> flames (again, thanks Dave).  There were some changes deep in the FDM as
> well.
>
> I added EGT gauges for the 3D cockpit, and started to model the radar
> display.  The dash looks a bit bare until I replace the gun camera and
> HUD glass.
>
> Carlos Zaragoza Koblischek did a nice texture for the model as well.
>
> Here's a snapshot http://www.jentronics.com/fgfs/f4-paint01.jpg  and the
> texture is here http://www.jentronics.com/fgfs/F4E_base.tgz

Seeing this reminded me that we still need to sort out the TACAN problem. I
feel uneasy about using hacked frequency/TACAN channel assignments. It seems
to me that we should correct the underlying data in nav.dat.gz by

A. correcting the TACAN frequency where this is in error.

B. adding new VORTAC entries where appropriate.

Vivian