* Alex Romosan -- Monday 17 April 2006 16:50:
> Melchior FRANZ writes:
> > It's OK to forward declare classes that are referred to via
> > *pointers*. But it is not OK to use class/type instances that are
> > not known to the header, and relying on external code to make them
> > known.

Again:

  C(++) code depending on headers == GOOD (that's the idea behind headers)
  headers depending on C(++) code == BAD  (that's IMHO perverted and wrong)

This doesn't even have anything to do with precompiled headers. It's
bad design without them, too. But I'm not keen to fight such fights, even
less with one-time-contributors. If the official opinion is that FlightGear
shall not support precompiled headers, then I'll keep the remaining changes
local on my disk. It's not the only change by far.

m.