On 18 Apr 2006, at 00:51, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

I just tried to build simgear from CVS and got a similar, but not identical error to the above:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../simgear -I../.. -I/Users/dersh/ Programming/FlightGear/include -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -c -o visual_enviro.o `test -f 'visual_enviro.cxx' || echo './'`visual_enviro.cxx ../../simgear/screen/RenderTexture.h:343: error: 'CGLContextObj' does not name a type ../../simgear/screen/RenderTexture.h:344: error: 'CGLPBufferObj' does not name a type ../../simgear/screen/RenderTexture.h:346: error: 'CGLContextObj' does not name a type
make[2]: *** [visual_enviro.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Were you able to get the patch sent to Erik? Was there another change somewhere else that raised this similar error? Can you be a little more specific about your fix? Which file did you add CGLTypes.h to the top of?

Here's a trivial diff (apply in simgear/screen with -p0):

Note this also /disables/ the code on the Mac, because at least for me it fails to initialise, and doesn't reset the current CGLContext correctly, meaning the next plib 'do I have a valid context check' (in the font code) fails. I'm pretty sure the code must work for the guy who authored it, but I haven't had a positive confirmation in FG yet - please remove my 'if (true) return false;' and see what happens for you.

H&H
James