ng.

> What the subject said is apparently correct:
>
>   "today the First Flight in Manching / Germany"
>
> I guess "today" rellay means "today" !

That is very right, it is the "First Flight" of one of the rebuild planes "in
Manching/Germany".

But it is *NOT* the first flight of this American project to rebuild the Me262
- but somehow not really true as there are modern engines and some details
changed due to security reasons.

This project has an amazing story as the companies who build the planes
changed during the development and after the maiden flight there was one
accident due to landing gear structure defect only with smaller damage.

The testpilot is former German military jet pilot with a lot of experience
(Wolfgang Czerny ????) and has written a nice book about his work with the
Me262.

There are several Me262 build, at least 1 for a German flight museum.
It might this one which has been tested in Manching.

Sorry details lacking as I have them all but could not find them on the run!

May be you can find more with Google about this project.

Regards
Georg EDDW "HeliFlyer"