> Selecting only the defaults (+ the German version in GRUB) resulted in a
> frame rate of 4 fps (i.e. with the ati/radeon GPL driver). Stopping X
> and selecting the newest closed source driver I get about 40 fps (i.e.
> roughly the same that I get under Windows XP).

    Hmm that's unfortunate :(

    Anywho, at the moment if both gpl and fglrx would work with 3D with
your card, it will prefer the gpl one. I did this only because there's
one machine I have tested on (remotely), the fglrx seems unstable and
buggy. But indeed fglrx yields a better frame rate.

    Any suggestions from any ATI experts would be much appreciate :)

> - - eth1 didn't get a IP addresse via DHCP (eth0 doesn't exist...), an
> ifup eth1 fixed that

    I ended up putting this as a known issue in the README. I will look
into this.

> - - my USB joystick (pluged in after boot) showed up on the console, but
> not in FGFS. It even worked under js_demo...

    Is FGFS configured to use joystick? In FGRUN you can select the
input, and I've made it so the default is keyboard. If that doesn't
help, this is a hard one know what's going on unless I'm at the machine
and figure things out.

> - - I couldn't get a multiplayer connection. No errors were reported though.

    The default "in" ip is set to localhost, and if you're behind a NAT,
at the moment you'll have to manually change that to your IP. I wonder
if that's it.

> - - minor problem: the time/clock was two hours off. (I suspect that the
> kernel thinks my CMOS clock runs GMT, but that assumption is wrong for
> Windows)

    I noticed that but I'm not sure why, being the knoppix startup
scripts is actually assuming the clock is local time by default. I need
look at this further. This was added as a known issue in the README
since the first release.

> Something to consider:
>
> The current windowsmanager is totally unintuitive for windows users. As
> they are perhaps the biggest user group that'll use FGLive, it might be
> worthwhile to take special care.

    You're not the first person who has mentioned this. I think I will
make another window manager to be the default, and leave fluxbox as an
alternative.

    Thanks for the feedback.

Pigeon.