Ron

> > I have
> > also taken the opportunity to adjust the panel to make it more nearly
> like
> > that of an A4F, rather than an A4C, although a couple of the instruments
> are
> > not correct, principally the ASI should be replaced with a combined
> ASI/Mach
> > instrument.
>
> Take a look at my F-4's ASI/Mach meter.
> http://www.jentronics.com/fgfs/f4e-progress03.jpg
> model at http://www.jentronics.com/fgfs/F4E.tgz
>
> This meter is close to the A-4 instrument from my limited research.  It
> reads 0-800 KIAS, while I  think the A-4 instrument is 0-600 KIAS.  Your
> welcome to drop the F4 instrument into the A4, its GPL.

Thanks, it seems like a standard US instrument of the time, with slightly
different ranges. I've downloaded it. I just have to work out how to rotate
the mach dial, or rather, what would be the appropriate input.

> > PS Yes, the A4 has a probe while the KC135 is a boom refueller. I'm
> working
> > on a KA6-D right now.
>
> http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/kc135/kc1351.html
> http://www.af.mil/photos/index.asp?galleryID=38&page=2
> KC-135s have drogue refueling equipment available, so its not totally
> inappropriate, but for carrier ops a KA6-D is more realistic. :)

Yes - the KC135 has the option of attaching a hose to the boom (and ours
hasn't), but I have read that there is a program to put hose pods under the
wings.

Vivian