* Ralf Gerlich -- Monday 12 June 2006 13:42:
> BTW: Durk Talsma's AI-extension using external XML-files shows us that
> we _can_ extend the format without changing apt.dat at all.

Of course, this is a bad example, as those extensions make the format
basically useless for any other purpose than for the AI subsystem. No
other subsystem in fgfs can load them, which is why I would rather get
rid of this sooner than later and keep further such nonsense from being
added to FlightGear. In the apt case an extension would surely be less
evil.

m.