On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:36:46 +0100, Lee wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ultimately though, _all_ software will be designed by AIs and
> 'who' will 'own' it then?  :)

..mmm, after AII; AI Intuition, porcupine aviation etc.  ;o)

> ...but until then we have both O/S & C/S s/w and that's the way
> it _is_, whether anyone thinks that's good or bad.
>
> The issue of getting FG to work with C/S software, such as
> vatsim, doesn't have to compromise FG's integrity or leave it
> open to challenges.

..we certainly better not, and as long as we keep our eyes 'n
minds open, we should able to remain squeaky clean.

> There's no restriction within the GPL of exchanging data between O/S
> and C/S s/w, and a good job too  because all the firmware in your h/w
> is going to be C/S.

..correct, those restrictions are usually on the C/S side and in their
contracts, and litigators usually allege some complex and spicy form
of breach of contracts.

> The only real issue I see here is who does the work and how they
> feel about it.

..feelings protects _nothing_.  Action "on it" is a requirement.
Ask any woman.  ;o)

> I've top-posted because I guess I'm summarising :)
>
> ...and hey - it's summer :)

..aye.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: