> > Jon
> >
> > Your 6800 and the NVIDIA drivers are probably fine or
> > else the net would be abuzz about it being a bad card

I reinstalled my previous card shortly ago, an Inno3D GeForce2 MX400. Once
again, I had OpenGL capability. It worked fine. I reinstalled the new card,
the eVGA GeForce 6800. I reinstalled the drivers. Once again:

DirectX: Works
Software OpenGL: Works
Hardware OpenGL: Craters

eVGA is working with me to resolve the issue.

Jon