Mark wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> which line do you mean? The surface of the earth cutting of the sundisc?
> I agree this looks too sharp but I don't know how this could be improved
> with standards means.
> At least the sun's halos are blended with the fog already.

I've been wondering about placing a short cylinder between the sky dome
and the terrain.   This would have "fog" color at the base and blend to
completely transparant at the top.  This would help hide the outer
fringe of the tiles in some circumstances, and it would allow things
like the sun and moon to blend smoothly into the "true" horizon.  This
could also help with sky dome -> earth transition problems in various
areas.  We might consider moving this cylinder up and down to match the
current view point altitude.  This should be really easy to implement
without needing any fancy opengl tricks (maybe make it part of they sky
dome model), but I just haven't had time to try it out.

Curt.

--
Curtis Olson        http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt