Jon Stockill wrote:
> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
>
>> * Robin van Steenbergen -- Wednesday 26 July 2006 18:01:
>>
>>> Does Blender do KML files now?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>   $ head -18 ~/.blender/scripts/kmz_ImportWithMesh.py|tail -15
>>   Name: 'Google Earth (.kml / .kmz)...'
>>   Blender: 241
>>   Group: 'Import'
>>   Tip: 'Import geometry of .kml or .kmz 3D models'
>>   """
>>   __author__ = "Jean-Michel Soler (jms)"
>>   __version__ = "0.1.8, june, 25, 2006"
>>   __url__ = "Script's homepage,
>> http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/py_import_kml-kmz_en.htm";
>>   __bpydoc__ = """\
>>   Use this to read 3d geometry from .kml and .kmz (zipped .kml) files.
>>
>>   Caution: the geometry data of the Google Earth's files on the web
>>   is licensed and you can not load or use it in a personnal work.
>>   Be aware that the contents of the file you try to read must be free
>>   or legally yours.
>>

> So forget converting anything from their 3d warehouse - if you want to
> use a model you'll need to get it direct from the author.

It sounds like we need to infiltrate google with FlightGear people.  Can
I get some volunteers to go get jobs there?  I'll need a couple
developers and at least one VP level manager type.  We can solve this
problem for ourselves at least from the inside out. :-)  Or perhaps we
could get a volunteer to purchase 51% of their stock?

Curt.

--
Curtis Olson        http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt