* Syd -- Friday 18 August 2006 02:39:
> I find the managed view very distracting... only because , since I dont
> have rudder pedals , I cant get off the ground without spinning like
> crazy until I get some forward momentum. (Yes , with auto coordination
> enabled )

That's not a feature (not even a "misfeature"), but simply a bug. This
needs to be fixed, and if it can't, the menu entry will be removed
before release. The current implementation works best in not-too-big
YASim aircraft. In heavy/very fast aircraft, the accelerations are too
big and the heading/pitch change is too strong and abrupt. JSBSim
aircraft have the jitter problem on ground. (I thought about disabling
ground handling for them completely.)

I committed the script anyway, because the reactions on IRC were
exclusively positive (with constructive criticism on details -- no
bold "misfeature" comment there). But this doesn't mean it's done.
I'd be happy if people could look into it and submit/commit fixes.
I'm not an FDM man or physicist, nor a mathematician. But I'll try
to improve it.

What I'd like to get to is to have it work well on all aircraft
without any configuration. This will proabaly be impossible -- we'll
eventually need some parameters. But one can dream. :-)

> I do like the effect during stable flight .... so , wouldn't a
> simpler solution be to add a 7th view, the standard cockpit
> view (same idea as the chase / helicopter view)?

I though about that, too. But cycling through view modes is
already a pain now. I'd change that if more people prefer that,
though.

> Ive had a similar effect attached to my aircraft for quite a while
> now , but just movement along the Z axis.....

Unfortunately, some of the aircraft that have some sort of view
control already do often not work well with that mode. Where it
works very well, is seafire/spitfire/hurricane/bf109/A10/OV10
(minus jitter)/pa28/pa24/j3cub/...

> Thats my thoughts anyway, it would be nice to switch modes on the fly.

Umm ... you can toggle it in the menu during flight already.
"View->Toggle Dynamic Cockpit View"

m.

PS: the bo's built-in dynview only works currently when the
    global one is turned off. This will be fixed, of course.