Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:

> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15286
>
> The article also points out another thing: do not use textures unless
> necessary.
> Which is what I always say. ;-)

That article is for Director 3D, not OpenGL. That does not necessarily
mean it is also true for OpenGL, let alone all OpenGL hardware
implementations. Everything else I have ever read about OGL
implementations tells me that textures are a more efficient way to add
visual data to a model. Granted, alpha channels do put a big performance
hit on some cards.

Josh