Hi Stuart,

"Buchanan, Stuart" wrote:

> Some of you may have come across www.flightaware.com as a way to track IFR
> flights. It uses data from the FAA radar system and provides products
> (free and commercial) based on it.

I see one drawback here: They really only track flights in the coverage
of US American Radar. Explicitly they state "FlightAware is the first
company to offer free flight tracking services for both private and
commercial air traffic in the United States".
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Accidentially I came across this web site while googling for the
registration of an aircraft that I spotted on the apron of Berlin
Tempelhof (EDDI) last sunday (surrounded by police and a crowd of 6 or
8 black limo's). Our Cessna was No. 2 behind this flight ....

FlightAware tracks the route of this aircraft until it leaves Canadian
territory:

  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N14R

....  but I would have loved to investigate the aerodrome of departure
of this flight that ended at Tempelhof  ;-)

Cheers,
        Martin.