Hello there,

I compiled FlightGear 0.9.10 on this machine over here using Windows XP and Cygwin and it did properly without showing errors or warnings. When trying to run it for the first time using the cygwin console it starts first but then hangs up at "installing scenery objects". I started it again with using --log-level=debug and the last thing it seems to do is "generating ocean tile" (when path to scenery is specified bz --fg-scenery=/...) or "generating lights" (when scenery path stays unspecified).

I think Vivian Meazza described a similar problem over here: http://mail.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2005-August/038846.html

Hardware problems seem unlikely since FG worked properly on the same machine when installed over the installing file downloaded from flightgear.org.

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks,

best

thomas