Just some more feedback,
Finally got OSG version compiled and running.
Some of the aircraft do not load....
I get a long list of : Cannot find image file ""
it appears to be caused by model inclusions in the main animation xml
file, but not sure yet.
The most disappointing part : Framerate dropped significantly
Now I get about 9 FPS , and 15 from a bottom view with nothing but sky
in the background, where previously I was getting about 15 at KSFO and
30-40 with no scenery visible . :(
 On the plus side , there is no hesitation when panning the view now ,
and framerates do not vary as much depending on view direction.
Hope it improves as the conversion progresses .
 I downloaded the 339PAN , and get a :Could not find plugin to read
objects from file "///3dmodel.ase" , so I'm guessing plib had an ase
file loader.
Back to testing , see if I can sort out the image not found problem.
By the way ,
this is running on a AMD Athalon 1.1G
Geforce 4000FX wiht 128 Mem
384 MB ram
Not the best setup for a flightsim , but it gets me by.

I watch Justice , it certainly was Flightgear ,I recognised it
immediately, but I was more interested in the setup .I want one now !
What'll it cost me to have you  set one up for me , Curt?  ;)
Cheers,Syd