On Monday 06 November 2006 11:29, Martin Spott wrote:
> "Curtis Olson" wrote:
> > Good job Durk and Robin, thanks for the report and for all your work!
>
> Seconded,
>       Martin.
> P.S.:  ;-))

Thanks (BIG :-))!  Hope you had a good trip home.

Okay, I promised some pictures now that my linux box is online again:

http://durktalsma.xs4all.nl/FlightGear/fsweekend/web/

The second day of the event was also quite good. My impression is that the
Sunday was a bit more family oriented than Saturday, in the sense that on
Sunday we had a significantly larger number of kids at the booth. In general,
I'm quite satisfied with how the event unfolded, despite a few glitches. The
most annoying of these was the fact that my windows box was suffering from
random program hangups, which I couldn't resolve during the show. In
addition, we had wanted to setup a multi display setup, but didn't manage to
get it to work. Next time, we should make sure to have a quick howto
available for these things.

I was actually quite pleasantly surprised that many people couldn't tell from
the graphics (at first sight) that we were demonstrating something other than
microsoft flightsimulator (I don't see any reason to deny that their graphics
are quite good, so in that respect, the fact that people overlook the
differences is an excellent compliment IMHO). Those who had both real world
and FlightSimulator experience, felt that our Flight Dynamics were quite a
lot better than those of MSFS).

Anyways, now that the event is over, I'm probably going to take it easy for a
while, although I won't drop out of the project. :-) I'd definitely like to
organize something like this again next year.

Your special FSWeekend reporter signing off. :-)
Durk