Hi,

Within the next year im supposed to start up on writing a thesis in
Software engineering with focus on artificual intelligence. I wanna
start quite early in getting to know the area that im supposed to work
in so therefore im allready sending this quite early request to the
community.

But basicly my motivation (besides doing AI offcourse) is that i want
to learn a bit about developing systems under open source - it seems a
lot different than managing a normal software project which we have
been educated in.

Second i have a private pilot license (for some years now) and i have
always been rather facinated by the idea of "putting the plane in the
pc". but i often find that simulations have tried to implement air
trafic controls with varying results - this is something i would be
very happy to help with - if i can.

Right now im faced with a large codebase that i have no or little
insight in. So a smaller learning project that is maybe simple in
nature (and perhaps even unrealistic) but good at showing the
internals of the present AI system, would probally be good to start up
from - the project would only be for my own amusement and newer have
any relations with the releases. In that way i could be quite a bit
more prepared when im starting the actual thesis.

But i have no idea where to start such a small project and therefore i
ask for some guidence from the community.

Yours kindly
Tobias Nielsen